At AFTA, we now have an Accredited Training Provider (ATP) scheme in place to identify, validate, accredit, and monitor the following.
- high quality registered training organizations (RTOs)
- individual workplace trainers
- industry training companies
- and industry in-house training providers nationally
Applicants for ATP membership need to be aware that since the introduction of ATAS Accreditation, the minimum qualification for an entry-level travel consultant now is Certificate III in Travel (SIT30222).
To become an AFTA Accredited Training Provider, applicants need to be prepared to go through a strict due diligence process and submit to an annual ongoing quality check. This includes but is not limited to.
- having evidence of robust internal governance policies
- an active participation in our industry PD sessions and educational forums,
- a strict adherence to regulatory compliance
- and a commitment to delivering industry-relevant training.
- In addition, applicants must prove the quality and currency of their trainers by providing evidence of qualifications, experience, and ongoing professional development initiatives.
We require TWO (2) industry references to support each Application for membership or re-accreditation.
AFTA Accredited Training Provider membership is valid for one year from the date of approval by our Industry Advisory Council.
For quality control purposes AFTA Accredited Training Providers are required to resubmit updated information annually regarding.
- courses and
We aim to ensure that only the highest quality providers are accredited by us.
Download the following as appropriate:
AFTA Accredited Training Provider (new) membership form - Click Here
AFTA Accredited Training Provider (renewal) membership form - Click Here
There are guidelines for you to observe if you wish to use our AFTA ATP logo for your marketing collateral. Also, there is an agreement to sign if you would like us to provide you with potential student referrals which we receive regularly.
Here are the related forms:
AFTA AP Logo Usage Guidelines
Student Referral Program
If you are interested in pursuing a career as a travel consultant and if you would like to take up the course that leads to a Certificate III in Travel (SIT30222) qualification, please complete the inquiry form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFTA Accredited Training Providers List