These are tough times. If you are feeling sad, overwhelmed or simply need someone to talk to, help is available to you through a range of support networks. These are listed below.
Please know you’re not alone.
A lot of people in these circumstances either don’t recognise that they’re in a personal crisis or think that they are being selfish by taking advantage of these services because their need are not as big as someone else’s. This is not true.
No one needs to face their problems alone. Please reach out to one of the support networks below, they are there to help you.
Hear2Talk is a free, confidential and independent phone support line for people struggling with challenging emotions in the workplace, whether this is job-related stress or life stress that is showing up at work. The service is for all workers across NSW.
Hear2Talk's phone-based support is run by Peer Workers, who have first-hand experience of navigating stress in the workplace. Peer Workers coach callers to develop strategies to cope, build resilience and support them to make positive changes to help improve their mental health and wellbeing.
As a new service, we are available to provide support quickly, with none of the long wait times currently affecting many mental health services.
A few key features of the service include:
- Free and available 7 days a week, including after business hours from 12pm-8pm.
- No referral needed.
- Your call doesn't need to be work-related.
- Option for follow-up calls to see how you’re progressing.
- Call-back back service to ensure you get timely support.
- Access to additional support if required.
- Peer workers are in a unique position to build connections and rapport with people by inspiring hope.
Hear2Talk can be reached on 1300 H2 TALK (1300 428 255).
Click here for more information