To apply for ATAS accreditation, an online application must be completed. The online application process has been designed to take you step-by-step through the criteria and make it as easy as possible for you!
To ensure the integrity of the ATAS accreditation scheme, participants are vetted against 8 criteria.
To become accredited you must:
- Be a Travel Intermediary
- Agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and Charter
- Sign a declaration (Deed Poll) to confirm that your corporate policies, procedures & any consumer marketing activity will comply with the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
- Be a 'Fit and Proper Entity', be a registered Australian Business Number (ABN) holder, comply with relevant sections of the ASIC administered Corporations Act 2001 as required and provide certified financial accounts to prove solvency.
- Provide evidence of adequate Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity insurance.
- Demonstrate adequate level of staff education and training.
- Provide evidence of an adequate complaint handling policy and procedures.
- If you are a start-up business you will need to be aware of additional criteria 9 required
To access the online application you will need to register for a log in - CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Download the ATAS Application Checklist here.
A fee of $275 incl. gst applies to all new applications submitted and payment is required prior to the application being assessed. This fee is in addition to the membership fees due upon approval of the application. Payment of the fee does not automatically guarantee the application being approved and is non-refundable in the instance that the application is declined.
ATAS Scheme Criteria